With the proper pre-planning you should be able to avoid some wedding day disasters that could easily turn your perfect wedding and you into an emotional mess.
1. A good time line will help keep your guests present, excited and engaged in your big day.
2. An accurate, alphabetical, list of attendees with their seat assignment will help to avoid major chaos when one of your guests shows up to your reception with an uninvited partner.
3. Finalize with all your vendors the week before your wedding. Make sure to touch base via phone, at least once during this time. Do not assume that because you sent an email they received it. If you do decide to do your confirmations by email ask for a confirmation receipt from each vendor. Make doubly certain that each of your vendors has the right date, event start time and location.
4. If you have a complicated bustle on your Wedding dress designate a reliable person to be responsible for bustling your dress after your service. Prior to the wedding day have that person practice doing this a few times so you know how much time you need to get it done.
5. You must walk in the shoes that you plan to wear at your ceremony and reception prior to the big day. You want to ensure that the soles are really scuffed – flower petals and carpets can become a sliding pond for new shoes.
Here is an extra one for good luck- In the Jewish faith traditionally the groom breaks a glass wrapped in a napkin to symbolize the destruction of the Temple. Make sure to use a light bulb and not a real wine glass, because with an actual wine glass you run the risk of the glass puncturing through his shoe ending up embedded in his foot. OUCH!
If you found this article helpful or interesting please leave a comment.
Let me know your thoughts, If you have any questions or need any information or would like to see me write about a topic you need help on let me know.
If you don’t want to leave a comment below you can always email me: Julia@eventuresinc.net
or simply visit our website at www.eventuresinc.net
. Subscribe to our list for your free ebook “Make it Your Own! The Ultimate Guide to Personalize Your Day”
Grace, Gratitude and Happy Planning!