Are you planning your own wedding but don’t know where to start. If you answered “yes” then you are not alone. A lot of Brides I speak with have a hard time weeding through the amount of information that is available. All those late nights glued to your computer makes you feel like your head is about to explode. Sometimes too much internet/pinterest is not a good thing. You have to know when to take a break and pull away. Here are some tips to help you “de-stress” and get focused.
- Remove the words “I don’t know what I am doing” from your vocabulary. Negative thoughts are just a set up to failure.
- Focus on what is possible instead of finding out the costs. Hire people based on your connection and shared vision. The prices will fall into place.
- Everything will work out in the end. Sometimes you have to walk thru an entire forest to find your ideal tree.
- Create a timeline for yourself. Use this as a guide. The Wedding Gods will NOT strike you dead if you didn’t find a dress 6 months prior.
- Ask for help. Whether it is from a professional, a group of trusted friends or even your Mother. You know with some boundaries set, your Mom might prove to be very useful.
- Be open to new and fresh ideas. This is your day, let down your guard and what others may think.
- Be in joy throughout the process. The journey leading up to the day is just as important as the wedding itself.
- Celebrate every decision and be confident in your choices.
- Rely on your vendors for advice and information. If you don’t trust that they know what they are doing then you shouldn’t have hired them.
- Just start- you may need to hire someone to finish, and that is OK. It is not a sign of failure.
These are some of the same things I have to tell myself every day, now I would like to hear from you. Please leave a comment and share with what you do to reduce the stressers when planning your wedding.
If you have any questions or need any information about a specific topic that you need help with let me know. If you don’t want to leave a comment below you can always email me: Julia@eventuresinc.net or simply visit our website at www.eventuresinc.net.
Grace, Gratitude and Happy Planning!